Mergi la conţinut

Reviewing Arch Motorcycle’s 2015 KRGT-1—From The Cockpit

arch-motorcycles-2015-krgt-1-from-the-co

On paper and in pictures, the was the most intimidating bike I had never ridden. On my way to pick this bike up, I approached the Arch headquarters shaking in my boots in anticipation of riding a $78,000 motorcycle, but my conversation with co-owner Gard Hollinger quickly helped to quell my worried anticipation.

“At the end of the day, man…it’s just a motorcycle,” Gard said. Yeah, in the same way a brick of gold is just a mineral, I thought.

But by the time I was out of the building and down the block, my worries were miles away. Yes, the price tag and the 2,032cc engine were still there, but like Gard had just said—it’s just a motorcycle, and when I got on it to ride away, it functioned like one. Like a really good one.

I was lucky enough to be able to test the KRGT-1 over the course of more than 1,000 miles and pulled back into my driveway with a genuine love for this bike. The ride, the sound, and the feel of it were unlike anything I had ever ridden before. It’s fast, torque-rich, and demands attention in the manner of a classic muscle car, more than a visually loud modern exotic.

While its genetics appear to be that of a true cruiser with its low seat h and comfortable ergonomics, it’s also a bike that can be ridden quite aggressively. All of the components are absolutely top of the line, so the Öhlins suspension and Brembo brakes work like those on a sportbike—just in a much more comfortable package. While I was initially scared to split lanes and really push the bike when I took off, there was very little I was uncomfortable doing on it by the time we got home from this ride. Not to mention the fact that I was the “cool guy” on the most epic bike most people had ever seen every time we would stop for coffee or lunch—that’s one thing I hate to admit how much I will miss.

While this is technically a 2015 model, this bike was sort of the Arch tester, so it has seen a lot of proprietary upgrades over the years. The company has just announced it will be unveiling the new models at EICMA this week, so stay tuned for the next generation of KRGT-1 coming soon!

I won’t repeat what I say above, as we really love the new “” review platform. Be sure to check out Sean MacD in the and my last video on the , and stay tuned for more!

Sursa

Link către comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Participa la conversatie

Poti raspunde acum si inregistra mai tarziu. Daca ai un cont, autentifica-te pentru a comenta folosind contul existent.
Nota: Comentariul necesita aprobarea moderatorului inainte sa devina vizibil.

Oaspete
Răspunde la topic...

×   Inserat ca 'rich text'.   Insereaza ca text simplu

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Linkul a fost inserat automat sub formă de conținut.   Șterge formatarea și afișează ca link simplu

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent activi   0 membri

• Niciun utilizator înregistrat nu vizualizează pagina.
  • Creează O Nouă...