Mergi la conţinut
Autentifica-te  
advrider

American wins KTM Ultimate Race, Canadian finishes second

The first KTM Ultimate Race is finished, with American Scott Myers in first place.

The KTM Ultimate Race is KTM’s in-house amateur’s competition, run along similar lines to BMW’s GS Trophy. Riders earn their spot in the Ultimate Race by winning the KTM Adventure Rally challenges in their own countries. From there, they travel overseas to compete against each other on 790 Adventure R motorcycles.

This year’s Ultimate Race ran at the same time as the Merzouga Rally, with KTM offering a rally team-like experience to the Ultimate Race participants, with mechanics, coaches and other support staff. All in all, there were six days of racing, covering 1000 km of Morocco’s desert terrain.

After Myers finished in first, Canadian rider Radek Burkat finished second, and Jordan Huibregtse, another American finished third. The top three featured a broad range of ages, with Myers aged 50, Burkat aged 45, and Huibregtse aged 27.

“It was extremely tough, especially in the last stage,” Myers said of his win. “I just kept watching and thinking this has got to end! It was so hard. I was following Jordan (Huibregtse), he crashed, then he followed me, then I crashed. And we just kept doing that for the whole stage. But what an awesome experience.”

Huibregtse-KTM-750x500.jpg

Jordan Huibregtse was the other American rider on the podium, in third place.

KTM bigwig Hubert Trunkenpolz said the Ultimate Race demonstrated what makes KTM adventure riders different: “the Ready to Race spirit is alive in our customers … the race was extremely tough on them and the KTM 790 Adventure R. These are normal people and not Factory riders, but they saw the opportunity for an incredible adventure and tackled it head on.” Errr, we’re pretty sure lots of other non-KTM riders would have been very happy to tackle the Ultimate Race on whatever bike was handy, but we’d have to agree with Trunkenpolz, this definitely wasn’t an easy event, so congratulations to all involved.

KTM ULTIMATE RACE 2019 RESULTS
1. Scott Myers (USA)
2. Radek Burkat (CAN)
3. Jordan Huibregtse (USA)
4. Sebastian Blum (GER)
5. Christiaan Odendaal (RSA)
6. Kevin Archer (NZL)
7. Elliot Kent (NZL)
8. Vasile Scurtu (CAN)
9. Greg Hodgskin (RSA)
10. Steve Robertson (AUS)
11. Stefano Sassaro (ITA)
12. Robert Nowak (AUS)

Vezi sursa

Distribuie această postare

Link la postare
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a comenta

Trebuie să fii membru pentru a putea lăsa comentarii

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te în comunitate. Este uşor!

Înregistrare

Autentifică-te

Ești deja membru? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentificare

Autentifica-te  

• Recent activi   0 membri

Niciun utilizator înregistrat nu vizualizează pagina.