Mergi la conţinut
Autentifica-te  
advrider

Garcia Wins World Enduro Super Series Round 2

Josep Garcia (ESP) has won Round 2 of the World Enduro Super Series (WESS) in France.  Yamaha mounted Jaime McCanney (GB) and KTM rider Nathan Watson finished the event in 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Difficult conditions

Conditions for the event were very difficult with continuous rain and fog during many of the tests.  Over 600 riders competed.  The Trefle Lozerien AMV is a classic enduro with 719 kilometers of riding.  Difficult riding conditions with 5 tests over each of three days made the contest both physically and mentally demanding.

Garcia.jpg

Garcia charging in wet and muddy conditions. Photo credit: WESS

Event winner Garcia was second fastest to McCanney in the opening test.  Undeterred, Garcia rode harder and ending up winning tests two and three.  Later, Garcia again finished 2nd in the penultimate test.   Not to be stopped, Garcia won day 2 as well.

Rain fell heavily and cold temperatures greeted riders during day three.  With his lead established, during days one and two, Garcia managed his lead and emerged as a first-time winner of the Trefle Lozerien AMV.

Race for the remaining podium

2nd place McCanney was able to set the fastest time for the 3rd day’s opening test and ultimately was able to retain that position at the finish.  However, the race for 3rd went down to the wire with Watson edging out Yamaha mounted Frenchman Julien Gauthier.  The difference between the two; one second.

Podium.jpg

The 2019 Trèfle Lozérien AMV podium finishers (L to R McCanney, Garcia & Watson.)  Photo credit: WESS

After the event, Garcia had this to say:

To get my first WESS victory of 2019, and also to create a little piece of history by being the first non-French winner here at Trèfle Lozérien, is amazing. The conditions really didn’t suit me – I’m not really a big fan of wet, slippery mud. But I pushed hard on all special tests and, well, everything went perfectly. Coming here straight from Extreme Lagares wasn’t easy but I knew this race was going to be important to my WESS championship.”

Event Results – Round 2: World Enduro Super Series (WESS) Trèfle Lozérien AMV 2019

1. Josep Garcia (KTM – ESP) 01:03:07.557
2. Jaime McCanney (Yamaha – GB) 1:03:49.586 +42.029
3. Nathan Watson (KTM – GB) 1:03:55.612 +48.055
4. Julien Gauthier (Yamaha – FR) 1:03:57.013 +49.456
5. Jeremy Tarroux (Sherco – FR) 1:04:10.136 +1:02.579
6. Theo Espinasse (Sherco – FR) 1:05:04.311 +1:56.754
7. Christophe Nambotin (Gas Gas – FR) 1:05:10.817 +2:03.260
8. Emmanuel Albepart (Yamaha – FR) 1:05:21.908 +2:14.351
9. Jonny Walker (KTM – GB) 1:05:31.888 +2:24.331
10. Joe Wootton (Husqvarna – GB) 1:05:52.828 +2:45.271

Championship Standings after Round 2 of World Enduro Super Series Championship:

Vezi sursa

Distribuie această postare

Link la postare
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a comenta

Trebuie să fii membru pentru a putea lăsa comentarii

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te în comunitate. Este uşor!

Înregistrare

Autentifică-te

Ești deja membru? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentificare

Autentifica-te  

• Recent activi   0 membri

Niciun utilizator înregistrat nu vizualizează pagina.